Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons
Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons
                                                   Official journal of the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons                           
Year : 2019  |  Volume : 24  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 63--64

Double jejunoileal fistula after ingestion of magnets


Konstantinos Zachos1, Antonios Panagidis1, George Georgiou1, Vasileios Alexopoulos1, Xenophon Sinopidis2 
1 Department of Pediatric Surgery, Karamandaneion Pediatric General Hospital of Patras, Patras, Greece
2 Department of Pediatric Surgery, University General Hospital of Patras, University of Patras School of Medicine, Patras, Greece

Correspondence Address:
Dr. Xenophon Sinopidis
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University General Hospital of Patras, University of Patras School of Medicine, Patras 26504
Greece

A double jejunoileal fistula was diagnosed intraoperatively 10 months since a 4-year-old boy had swallowed an object consisted of multiple magnetic items. Magnet ingestion presents characteristics that are misdiagnosing, critical time-consuming, dangerous, and occasionally fatal. The particularities and pitfalls of ingested magnetic items are outlined.


How to cite this article:
Zachos K, Panagidis A, Georgiou G, Alexopoulos V, Sinopidis X. Double jejunoileal fistula after ingestion of magnets.J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2019;24:63-64


How to cite this URL:
Zachos K, Panagidis A, Georgiou G, Alexopoulos V, Sinopidis X. Double jejunoileal fistula after ingestion of magnets. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg [serial online] 2019 [cited 2020 Aug 12 ];24:63-64
Available from: http://www.jiaps.com/article.asp?issn=0971-9261;year=2019;volume=24;issue=1;spage=63;epage=64;aulast=Zachos;type=0