Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons
Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons
                                                   Official journal of the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons                           
Year : 2017  |  Volume : 22  |  Issue : 3  |  Page : 179--180

A sharp lesson: Duodenal perforation 2 months after ingestionof a pin


Rebecca Amy Dalrymple1, Kathleen Berry2, Ingo Jester3 
1 Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow, G51 4TF, UK
2 Department of Emergency, Birmingham Children's Hospital, Birmingham, B4 6NH, UK
3 Department of Paediatric Surgery, Birmingham Children's Hospital, Birmingham, B4 6NH, UK

Correspondence Address:
Rebecca Amy Dalrymple
Ward 3C, Royal Hospital for Children, 1345 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 4TF
UK

An 11-year-old female child presented 2 months after accidentally swallowing her hijab pin, with right-sided abdominal pain. An X-ray showed that the pin was located in her right upper quadrant, and at laparoscopy, it was found to have eroded through her duodenum into her liver. Ingested pins should always be removed if not passed spontaneously within the first few days.


How to cite this article:
Dalrymple RA, Berry K, Jester I. A sharp lesson: Duodenal perforation 2 months after ingestionof a pin.J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2017;22:179-180


How to cite this URL:
Dalrymple RA, Berry K, Jester I. A sharp lesson: Duodenal perforation 2 months after ingestionof a pin. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg [serial online] 2017 [cited 2019 Dec 6 ];22:179-180
Available from: http://www.jiaps.com/article.asp?issn=0971-9261;year=2017;volume=22;issue=3;spage=179;epage=180;aulast=Dalrymple;type=0