Home | About Us | Current Issue | Ahead of print | Archives | Search | Instructions | Subscription | Feedback | Editorial Board | e-Alerts | Login 
Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons
     Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons
Official journal of the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons         
 Users Online:4625 
  Print this page Email this page   Small font sizeDefault font sizeIncrease font size
 CASE REPORT
Year : 2012  |  Volume : 17  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 31-32

Ingested foreign body in the common bile duct


University Paediatric Surgical Unit, Lady Ridgeway Hospital for Children, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Correspondence Address:
Ranjan Dias
Department of Surgery, IMU Clinical School, International Medical University, Jalan Rasah, 70300 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan DK, Malaysia

Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/0971-9261.91085

Rights and Permissions

We report a case of a 5-year-old boy who accidentally ingested a metal pin which was found inside the common bile duct on surgical exploration of duodenum and was removed through the ampulla of Vater. This is the first instance that an ingested metal pin in the common bile duct has been reported in the world literature.






[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*


        
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed1686    
    Printed124    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded94    
    Comments [Add]    
    Cited by others 1    

Recommend this journal

 


Contact us | Sitemap | Advertise | What's New | Copyright and Disclaimer 

  2005 - Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons | Published by Wolters Kluwer - Medknow 

Online since 1st May '05